Shock and Strut Replacement Time!
To give your car a little extra “spring” in its step, until April 30th Monroe and Rancho are offering a $50 rebate on shocks (with purchase of 4) and $100 rebate on struts (with purchase of 4)*.
Automobile manufacturers recommend replacement every 50,000 mile. So how do you know if you need new shocks and struts and what do the even do?
- What do Shocks and Struts do for my car or truck?
- Good shocks decrease breaking distance, sometimes by as much as 10 feet!
- Good shocks and struts will provide better handling characteristics.
- What are some warning signs my shocks and struts might be failing?
- Bouncing: after hitting that pothole or going a little fast over that speed bump and your truck continues to bounce could be an indication that shock and/or strut replacement is needed.
- Nose Dive: if the front of your vehicle dives down while you are braking, accelerating or turning, this is a sign to bring in your truck and have it evaluated.
- Leakage: as your shocks and struts wear there is a possibility of hydraulic fluid leaking. This lack of lubrication can cause additional damage if left unchecked.
- Cupping: when your shocks and/or struts start to fail the tires can sometimes bounce up and down as you are driving. As the tire falls back down and hits the ground a piece of rubber is often scraped off. This causes an inconsistent tread-wear pattern and could mean additional cost down the line from early tire replacement. To avoid this give AYRES Muffler Brake and Alignment a call today to have your vehicle inspected.
You and your passenger’s safety and comfort are important to Ayres Muffler Brake and Alignment. We treat all your vehicles like they are our own. Give us a call or stop by anytime. We always offer free inspections on:
- Scans (error codes)
- Front Ends
*Please give us a call for complete details and applicability with your vehicle