Do You Need New Tires?
You made it through the first storm. Do you feel safe to make it through the next one?
Here is how to check your tires.
Checking Your Tires is Easy
1- Check your air pressure
- It’s quick and can prevent many problems
- Do it once a month
2- Check the tread wear with one of these four methods:
- With a tread depth gauge
- With the tread wear indicators
- With the penny test
- Come into Ayres Muffle Brake and Alignment and for a free inspection
One easy way to check for wear is by using the penny test. All you have to do is grab your spare change and follow 3 easy steps.
- Take a penny and hold Abe’s body between your thumb and forefinger.
- Select a point on your tire where tread appears the lowest and place Lincoln’s head into one of the grooves.
- If any part of Abe Lincoln’s head is covered by the tread, you’re driving with the legal and safe amount of tread. If your tread gets below that (approximately 2/32 of an inch), your car’s ability to grip the road in adverse conditions is greatly reduced.
At Ayres Muffler Brake and Alignment we always offer free inspections on:
- Scans (error codes)
- Front Ends